Transition Memorandum"Transition to ISO/IEC 17025:2017 General Requirements for the competence of testing laboratories"
Bureau of Laboratory Quality Standards, accreditation body of Thailand, was approved to be a full member and signatory to APLAC MRA in the scope of testing laboratory accreditation for ISO/IEC 17025, ISO 15189 and ISO Guide 34 on November 14, 2002, on April 18, 2007and on June 17, 2014 respectively. BLQS also recognized as signatory to the ILAC MRA on April 4, 2003.
All the activities regarding the accreditation of the testing laboratories are performed in compliance with ISO/IEC 17011 and APLAC MR-001.
Bureau of Laboratory Quality Standards provides not only services but also technical support. The services comprise laboratories accreditation and proficiency testing for clinical laboratories. The technical support is to develop analysts and analytical laboratories quality assurance.
1. Laboratories accreditation according to ISO/IEC 17025
This program is offered with different purposes. One is to entitle the accredited laboratories to operate laboratory services for health product registration at Thai-FDA, they can also undertake services to FDA in product assessment for consumer protection surveillance. The example of these laboratories are testing laboratories in food ,drug, cosmatics, condom and clinical laboratories. etc.
2. Laboratories accreditation according to ISO 15189
This service is provided to clinical laboratories.
3. Reference material producer accreditation according to ISO 17034
This service is provided to reference material producer in the area of medical and public health
4. GLP Compliance Monitoring Programme
The scope of this program is to cover safety testing of public health products related to pharmaceuticals (Bioequivalence study), veterinary drugs, cosmetics, food additives and household chemical products.
This service is provided to laboratories of both public and private sectors throughout the country especially those of clinical laboratories covering the areas of clinical chemistry, clinical microscopy, clinical microbiology, hematology, clinical immunology and blood banking. Altogether ,there are more 600 health stations joining this program.
To develop the operation quality of consumer protection and clinical laboratories.
- Evaluating public and private laboratories
- Producing laboratory quality manual for distributing to concern party
- Promoting the accreditation system up to the international system
- Keeping the PT-system up-to-date and progressive
- Studying and applying the state-of-the-art quality system, e.g. ISO/IEC 17025, ISO/IEC 17011, ISO GUIDE 43-1, ISO 9000 etc.
- Studying and developing all elements, according to the quality system. To standardize all DMSc in-house laboratories
- Providing and Managing training and seminar for human resource development
- Being information center for quality assurance system and laboratory accreditation